The Biyani Shikshan Samiti is formed by young, dynamic and result oriented team of highly qualified persons. It is registered under the Rajasthan Society Registration Act, 1958 having Reg. No. 500/Jaipur/97-98 dated 29th December 1997.
The mission of the Samiti is to keep pace with the futuristic growing civilized world through women empowerment. It intends to develop young women who possess knowledge and confidence to keep pace with the rapid changing world, increasing competition without losing traces of our traditions, humanity, spirituality and purpose of existence. Our main objective of teacher’s training course is to help future prospective teacher to develop competence to teach subjects of their specialization, on the basis of an adequate theory of learning and a sound knowledge of the subjects. We want to develop an understanding of the close relationship between society and school, life and school, and life and social work.
In this mission of excellence, the institution launched its Research Cell under the title Shodh Sagar on http://biyanigirlscollege.com to encourage debate and discussion and sharing of ideas on current issues and challenges in education. Since then, it till date continues to carry out varied activities in its endeavor to research community outreach. Following objectives of the research cell reflect these ideologies of the institutions-
- To organize workshops and training on research and education.
- To provide support facilities to the upcoming researchers to carry out their work.
- To provide firsthand experience in the research related work to the student teacher.
- To provide a platform for the researchers to showcase their accomplished work.
- To promote collaborative, inter disciplinary research activities.
- To publish newsletters for dissemination of information related to research in education.
The research cell of our college was founded on this very ideal. The cell promotes a research bent of mind among the faculty members by steadfastly encouraging them to take up research based activities. The cell conducts sereval programmes to motivate the staff to enroll for Ph.D. programmes. It also motivates them to undertake UGC sponsored research projects the cell encourages members of the staff to publish their works in leading journals and to present papers at national and international conferences. The cell also attempts to cultivate an interest in research interest among students.
Following are the major activities that are planned and implemented every year in the direction-
• Research paper reading sessions by research scholars from BGBC as well as outside institutions.
• Sessions on the topics related to research activities by expert resource persons.
• Study circle activities where the teacher educators from other institutions become the member of the said study circle and join BGBC staff in the discussion on any research article or a book having educational value and enrich their research scholarship.
• Many research projects sponsored by national and international organizations have been undertaken by the staff members that include UGC, ICSR.
• Research cell published its yearly news paper comprising of the research based articles. It also highlights activities carried out throughout the year.
Guide line assumptions of Research Cell-
• Nations, beliefs, ideas and practice in education, teacher education and teacher developments are numerous and diverse and sometimes even confecting. The centre believes that providing an intellectual space to debate and discuss this diversity by adopting an open, dialectical and critical approach to research and development.